Golden Principles from the Seerah (Part 1)
The Seerah is an ocean which can be studied through many beautiful approaches. By adopting an analytical approach, an understanding of underpinning values and principles of the Seerah can be gained and applied in the contemporary world. The following golden principles derived from the Seerah were discussed:
1. Optimism and hope in the face of difficulty and adversity – a principle which shines in various phases of the life of Nabi-e-Kareem (SAW), e.g. on the occasion of Taif and a beautiful lesson to be applied in this era of pessimism and despondency.
2. Determination – no force on earth could shake the determination of Nabi-e-Kareem (SAW) to his mission, similarly the Muslim of today should not be deterred by opposition or any obstacle in their commitment to Islam.
3. Setting a vision and mission statement – the mission statement given by Nabi-e-Kareem (SAW) when he arrived in Madinah Munawarrah is essentially the ingredients for the success of a community.
4. Adopting dynamic strategies – the battles of Badr, Uhud and The Trench are amongst the examples of how Nabi-e-Kareem (SAW) adopted novel and dynamic strategies
5. Pragmatism – the application of this principle is seen at the time of the Treaty of Hudaibiyyah, showing how a pragmatic approach based on diplomacy, wisdom and tact is more successful than a dogmatic approach.
6. Gradualism - Nabi-e-Kareem (SAW) did not force change, but adopted an evolutionary approach through which progress and development was achieved.
Duration Naat - Hfz Ridwaan Arbee: 00:06
Duration Main - Mufti Zubair Bayat: 00:58
|« Istighfaar, the key to overcoming our problems!||None||How to prevent oneself from falling into sins »|